Thursday, December 22, 2011

Morning Situation

Every morning, when I arrived at the bus stop with the intention to take a feeder bus to my MRT station, I always see this scenario:

- Bus stop are filled with people
- Buses, when they arrived are filled with people, and on some occasions, people couldn't get up the bus because it is already full.
(considering the fact that my bus stop is 3 stops away from the MRT station, so when the buses arrived at my bus stop, it would have taken 7/8 of the passengers along its route)
- Empty Taxis pass by the bus stop

If I could get up the bus and I am running out of time, alternatives that I have:
- Take a taxi to work
- Take a taxi to MRT station
- Walk to the MRT station
- Wait for the next bus and risk being late for work

Take a taxi to work
Well the logic is that when you decide to take a taxi, you might as well take it all the way to work and forget about public transport.

However, with the peak surcharge, ERP cost, it could add up to $30 per trip which just didn't make sense.
What's more, the traffic condition is uncertain, which you might end up reaching later at your workplace.

Take taxi to MRT station
The most practical method but just that for a trip that I can wake, I need to pay $4-$5 for it just make me not want to do it.


Walk to the MRT station
Next best alternatives but will end up at the MRT station sweating, which will make you uncomfortable throughout the MRT ride and possibly the whole of that day.


Wait for the next bus
If you are early...okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment